Aleuromedia header
Subscribe

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th, 2007

Ever have a time in your life where you have so many thoughts and so much to share that you find yourself almost mute? Unable to communicate for the sheer volume of content and the intensity you feel about what your thinking? That’s where I’ve been the last few weeks with respect to this blog. I have so much I want to contribute and examine that I’ve been paralyzed trying to figure out where to start.

Today I was reading and article in the WJS about some “global IT solution providers” and their struggles to bring their “solution”to market successfully. The whole time I’m reading this I’m thinking they are trying to find a marketing message that will communicate the whole shebang to five different actors all in one mouth watering gulp! And because they themselves can’t break it down into digestible pieces that let you chew and taste, and leave you wanting another bite; they have instead wound up with a less than appetizing fare. Tastes like chicken?

Then it dawns on me that while I’m playing arm chair MarCom manager, that if I’m so smart, why hadn’t I been able to communicate on this blog yet? Disco!

Over the next few weeks I’m going to focus my content here on the differences in communication, and the intent we have when communicating certain messages. I hope to come to a place where we can easily dissect the differences between communicating and connecting.