Aleuromedia header
Subscribe

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Screencasts are expected!

In the PC World Community Voices blog, Phil Shapiro writes:

If a company has gone to the trouble of designing a software program, but hasn't taken the trouble to create a screencast about the program, then they are apt to lose me as a customer. Seeing is believing.

I am so happy to read this! The screencast is an essential tool for all software sellers. The ability for a potential customer to see your software in action before a purchase shouldn't be an afterthought, it should be a requirement for a product launch. I hope more and more savvy customers start expecting - and demanding - them!

I also found part 1 of a nice article on screencasting. It's written by Beth Kanter, and it's a well written primer for folks doing their own screencasts.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelley,

What a surprise to pop over to your blog and find a post on a topic I'm so interested in! Thanks for the mention. I agree with Phil's opinion about screencasting. That was my initial attraction to it - because as a person who has provided tech support and training - it is such an efficient and easy way to offer support.

October 19, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home